BREAKING NEWS AS OF 23 NOVEMBER 2014, 4pm. High Times Magazine, organizor of the 27th Cannabis Cup, has just released a statement explaining the situation with turmoil at the opening of the Expo at the Melkweg today.
- This morning they were informed that if they proceed with the Cannabis Cup Expo the event would be shut down and all participants would be arrested. "In the 26 years of the Cannabis Cup, there has never been any health or safety issues, nor has there been any lawlessness on the part of attendees".
- High Times would have never allowed vendors to set up, unless it has assurances from the Mayor's office that they are under compliance.
- High Times was informed bt their lawyers, that as long as they remain comliant with local regulations, the Cannabis Cup would be allowed to proceed. All standards have been met.
- High Times is offering their apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this situation.
- Seminars will continue as scheduled at the Melkweg on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The location of Wednesday's and Thursday's seminars will soon be announced.
- Concerts and the Cannabis Cup awards show remain scheduled.
We sincerely hope that the Cannabis Cup will continue smoothly and we wish all the best to the competitors.
The final announcement for the venue for the 27th Cannabis Cup was made just days before the event, and later changed just one day before the start, and once again changed just hours before the opening of the expo. The final Registration for this year’s Cup will take place at the Melkweg (Lijnbaansgracht 234a, 1017 PH) beginning at 1pm Sunday.
Free shuttle buses to and from Victoria Hotel (across from Centraal Station) and free event t-shirts will also be available from 1pm at the Melkweg in Amsterdam.
(check out the Google map to the right to see this location on the map)
Visit the Cannabis Cup 2014 Events Schedule for a full list of what's on during Cannabis Cup week.
The world famous High Times Cannabis Cup started many year ago in Amsterdam, the event has now spread around the world but Amsterdam is still the home of the High Times Cannabis Cup.
2014 will be the 27th Cannabis Cup. Expect a huge celebration of cannabis. You can stroll around the streets of Amsterdam and visit the coffeeshops to check out their entries, head over to the expo to chat with the top names in cannabis and then go to one of the many parties arranged during the week.
The High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam has has always allowed people to enjoy and celebrate Cannabis without fear - regardless of whether they are a medical patient or live in a country where cannabis is prohibited.
Check out some International stoners visiting the 2013 Cannabis Cup:
The city of Amsterdam has tightened their regulations on events involving cannabis and cannabis products. The organizors have been working closely with the Amsterdam mayor’s office to make this event happen in line with these new guidelines.
Here are the new rules that we must follow:
1) Expo visitors and companies with booths will only be allowed up to 5 grams of personal cannabis or hash.
2) Security will be present to search bags and back bags.They will confiscate any amount over the enforced maximum 5 grams.
3) Solvent-based cannabis extracts are not legal under Dutch law. You may not bring shatter, wax or torches into the Expo.
4) Vendors are not allowed to distribute or share cannabis or cannabis-related products with the visitors. So, that means no free bong / vapes and pre rolled joints offered to the crowd :( The mayor’s office is being strict on this rule - to smoke at the Expo you will need to bring your own.
FREE buses will be running from Central Station to Radion and back beginning at Noon each day until 8pm. This is the best means of transportation for Cannabis Cup judges.
The Smokers Guide to Amsterdam will be visiting the Cannabis Cup to take video footage for SGTV. If you see any of our staff, make sure to say hi, and let them interview you about your experience!
2014 marks the 27th edition of the HIGH TIMES Cannabis Cup. Scheduled during Thanksgiving Week, it's a five-day celebration of international cannabis products. Each year, the legend of the Cannabis Cup grows as judges return home to share highlights of the event. The Cannabis Cup has always enabled judges to experience true cannabis freely and without worry, regardless of whether they are a medical patient or reside in an area where cannabis is outlawed.
Check out photos from the 2012 Cannabis Cup.
Have you visited the Cannabis Cup before. Visit their profile to write a review and upload your own photos!